DEPARTMENT OF HOME SCIENCE
The Department of Home Science was established in 2012 to impart degree in one of the specializations of Home Science i.e., Foods and Nutrition with following objectives:
- To orient students to the sociocultural and economic environment effecting Dietary & Nutritional status of rural, urban and semi urban communities.
- To prepare the cadre of professionals to work with governmental and non-governmental organizations related to Foods & Nutrition in various capacities.
- To enhance self-employment potential through entrepreneurial skill training in quantity cookery, Dietetics.
- To develop competency in the preparation of participatory and innovative nutritional programs for the dissemination of vital information to vulnerable sections of population
- To develop skills in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating various programs in the developmental sectors of the community.
Prof. Amita Bannore is Head of the Department.