DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY
ANNUAL REPORT OF ACTIVITIES OF THE SESSION 2013-14
In the academic year 2013-14 the following activities were held.
1. Faculty engaged in admission work for B.Sc. and M.Sc. Geology.
2. Departmental meeting.
- 15/07/2013 – on the issue of maintaining the stock books, cleaning of lab, proper arrangement of specimens in display racks.
- 09/08/2013 – planning of time table and workload, seminars, practices, geological tour, college test, examination, home assignment, list of the books, e – journals and journals related to geology and other aspects prescribed by university syllabus, formation of geological society and etc.
- 08/10/2013 – discussed about model presentation in science exhibition, result analysis, participation in yuvarang 2013, record and placements of alumni.
- 10/03/2014- discussed regarding completion of syllabus and geological materials.
3. Best Practices of the Department of Geology
- Seminar organized for MSc Geology presciribed by the syllabus of Gondwana University Gadchiroli and prepared with power point presentation on given relevant topics.
- Project work organized for MSc Geology presciribed by the syllabus of Gondwana University Gadchiroli and prepared with power point presentation on given relevant topics.
- Arranged Geological field excursion tour on 10/01/2014 to 14/01/2014 and visited various Geological locations in different area like, pachmari, bedaghat M.P.
- Farewell programme for B.Sc. Final year students organized by Geological society, Dept. of Geology on dated 05/03/2014.
- Displayed paper clippings related to Geology i.e. Articles on natural hazards like floods, Tsunami earthquakes, Volcanism, Glacier, Solar system, Geological time scale, hydrogeological cycle, save earth, importance of geology, research papers related to geochem 2012 in Displayed chart showing different Geological activities like Glacier, Solar system, Geological time scale, hydrogeological cycle, save earth, Petrological microscope etc.
- Chart showing meritorious students.
- Chart showing records of placement
- Displayed paper clippings showing careers in Geology.
- Prof. C. P. Dorlikar as a coordinator of internal lecture series and delivered lecture on relevant topic and Prof. P. S. Ganvir delivered lectures on remote sensing in internal lecture series organized by science association.
- Test exam conducted and Valuation work & Home Assignment submitted by students.
- Prof. C. P. Dorlikar engaged in board of studies in Geology, Gondwana University, and Gadchiroli.
- Faculty engaged in Annual and semester practical examination as an Internal, External at various centre and also engaged in subject exam committee work of RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur and Gondwana University, Gadchiroli.
- Faculty engaged as a resource person for talk on remote sensing in Gov. Science College, Gadchiroli.
- Prof C. P. Dorlikar engaged as coordinator of external lecture series.
- Departmental achievement – PawanWankar, Ashish Bhramankar and TukeshSayam alumni of the department passed GSDA examination conducted by MPSC Mumbai and waiting of Physical test.
- Ph.D. Registered alumni – HemantSonkusre, TanmayRaut, Nassim Sheikh registered as research scholar in R.T.M. Nagpur University.